Annette co-heads Christopher & Lee Ong’s Capital Markets practice group. With over 15 years of experience, Annette has built her expertise advising clients from a wide range of industries on equity capital markets and takeovers, corporate and private acquisitions and disposals, mergers and demergers and corporate joint ventures.
Annette has advised on many notable initial public offerings and corporate exercises over the years. She was also involved in the drafting of the Malaysia Equity Capital Markets Due Diligence Guide. Annette is a member of the Bar Council Corporate and Commercial Law Committee (CCLC) and she heads the Securities Commission Sub-Committee of the CCLC.
- Advised on the first de-merger exercise of a company listed on the Main Market of Malaysia from a company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the delisting and privatisation by way of selective capital reduction for a book publisher in Malaysia.
- Advised on the transfer listing of one of the world's leading automation solution providers from the ACE Market to the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Advised on the transfer listing of a Malaysia-based cables and wires manufacturer to the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Notable initial public offering exercises include listing of one of the largest-security based ICT solution providers, an industrial automation solutions provider, construction companies, property developers, consumer products and services related companies on the Main Market, ACE Market and LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Advised on take-overs of MBf Holdings Berhad, IJM Holdings Berhad and Oriental Interest Berhad.
- Acted as Underwriter’s counsel for a proposed listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Supervised and carried out transaction and compliance due diligence, via on-site inspections and through virtual data rooms in conducting legal due diligence on companies in property development and construction sectors; manufacturing; oil and gas; automotive; information and technology solutions service provider specialising in cybersecurity and networking solutions, renewable energy, for the submissions of applications to the Securities Commission Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad for listing on the Main Market and ACE Market, as well as for transactions relating to proposed acquisitions.
- Advised a public listed corporations in relation to rights issue, warrants, employee share option scheme, bonus issue, offer for sale, and underwriting arrangements.
M&A, Corporate Commercial
- Advised and acted for a Malaysian company for the disposal of shares to a global manufacturer and distributor of industrial fastenings, which was a UK company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the disposal and acquisition of shares in a public listed company and a private company.
- Advised a public listed company in relation to acquisitions of foreign subsidiaries.
- Advised and acted for a real estate investment trust (REIT) for the purchase of factories, office buildings and warehouses. Acted against a REIT on a sale and leaseback transaction on factories.
- Provided advisory services in the drafting of sale and purchase agreements, sale of businesses, distribution agreements, by-laws and trust deeds.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Bar Council Corporate and Commercial Law Committee (CCLC)
- Head of the Securities Commission Sub Committee of the CCLC.
- Member, Malaysian Bar