Chuei Ying is presently a Partner with the Corporate Practice Group of Christopher & Lee Ong. She graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2001 and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2002.
Her areas of practice cover corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, private placements, rights issues and other equity fund raising exercises. She is also involved in banking and finance and mergers and acquisitions and has advised public and private companies on general shipping matters and corporate and compliance issues including joint ventures and capital reduction exercises.
Some notable transactions which she has been involved in are as follows:
- Acted in the initial public offerings of companies in the manufacturing, service, IT and retail sectors for listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”).
- Acted for Malaysian public listed corporations in corporate exercises involving securities issues and debt securities including rights issues, bonus issues and loan stocks.
- Acted for Top Glove Corporation Bhd in its secondary listing on the Main board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited by way of Introduction on 28 June 2016.
- Acted for a listed company on Bursa Securities in its regularization exercise to uplift its PN 17 status involving an issuance of loan stocks, an acquisition of a company in the oil and gas sector and the par value reduction of the share in the company.
Merger and Acquisitions
- Acted for local and foreign parties in mergers and acquisitions transactions of local private companies in various sectors including property, oil and gas, manufacturing, health, food and beverage and service industries.
- Acted for Top Glove Corporation Bhd in the acquisition of a company manufacturing gloves involving a share and property sale transaction.
- Advised financial institutions on collateral loan facilities to borrowers. Acted for a lender in a RM58 million collateral management arrangement facility.
- Prepared banking and security documentation for matters related to ship financing and project financing.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Kuala Lumpur Bar