See Hua co-heads Christopher & Lee Ong’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group, and has been in legal practice for over 30 years.
See Hua has led a number of notable restructuring and insolvency deals, from the Asian financial crisis to the 2008 financial crisis, where she advised and worked with borrowers, lenders and administrators on the corporate debt restructuring of huge portfolios of Malaysian public listed groups.
Her practice extends to advising major corporations on transactions involving acquisitions and divestments of companies (both public and private), banking, property-related issues, private equity investments, and capital markets.
She has also acted for numerous property developers particularly in relation to major acquisitions of land banks, joint ventures for mixed developments with private and state governmental landowners and joint infrastructure works for water and sewage.
See Hua is a member of the Insolvency Practice Committee of the Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants, and sits on the board of Petron Malaysia Refining & Marketing Berhad as an independent director.
See Hua has been quoted in Chambers Asia Pacific as “an effective negotiator, especially ‘when there are numerous interests to reconcile”. She has also been praised by Legal 500 on her level of service for Capital Markets and M&A work. She has also been recognised by IFLR1000, the Asian Counsel and PLC Which Lawyer for her work in the field of restructuring and insolvency.
- Debt restructuring of a Malaysia-based upstream oil & gas service provider, Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Berhad.
- The Lion Group comprising 7 listed vehicles and over 180 operating and investment companies in Malaysia and the region.
- The administration of one of the first stock broking companies and listed companies falling into administration under the national asset management company set up under the Pengurusan Danaharta Nasional Berhad Act, 1998.
- Numerous bilateral corporate and debt restructuring coordinated by the Corporate Debt Restructuring Committee of the Central Bank of Malaysia.
- The first court sanctioned Eurobond conversion into equity (cited by the International Financial Law Review as a leading transaction in Asia).
- Restructuring of RM160 million Sukuk Al Ijarah.
- Restructuring of RM262 million debt of the concessionaire of the Seremban to Port Dickson highway.
- Advised investors for the purchase of Malaysia’s first and second tender for the distressed assets and non-performing loans offered by Malayan Banking Berhad and CIMB Bank Berhad.
- The demerger leading to the listing of the Parkson Group.
- Numerous oil & gas and shipping related acquisitions / disposals for Wah Seong Corporation Berhad and Sumatec Corporation Berhad.
- Advised the lead managers on the US$300 million exchangeable bonds issued out of Labuan by the YTL Group.
- Advised the investors on the proposed acquisition of 2 financial institutions by investors.
- Advised on debt restructuring of Sumatec Resources Berhad.
- Advised on debt restructuring of Hytex Integrated Berhad.
- Advised on debt restructuring of Metroplex Berhad.
- Advised on debt restructuring of a Malaysian timber concessionaire.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member of the Insolvency Practice Committee of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“MICPA”)
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee of MICPA
- Independent Director of Petron Malaysia Refining & Marketing Berhad and Matrix Concept Holdings Berhad